Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My apologies...


I'm here to say sorry. Sorry for quitting the blog when my computer quit. Sorry for neglecting you all when you did nothing but love me and post to my delight. There was a subconscious tie between the computer and the blog and I just couldn't bring myself to create new posts on foreign computers.

But good news! CZF bought me the best Christmas present to date. A very pretty new lappy top top. And with that I'm back.

So, it's that time again, I want to know what you are reading. Any good history books I should know about. Or amazing fiction that I've never heard of. I want it all!! Gim'me! Gim'me!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barack Obama Dreams from my father. I like, but its taking me FOREVER to read for some reason.

whb said...

So you think you can walk away and leave us, then waltz back in with a shiny new laptop?
You know, it just hurts.

Amber said...

josie,

is barack even more awesome when you read his books?

Anonymous said...

I am reading before bedtime will in the World, which is fun but also obsequeious and has spurious and unfound logic. Shakespeare was a boddhisatva. greenblat wont admit it but he was.
Also i am reading the genesis of secracy by good old frank kermode, brillient stuff that, discursing secrets, enigmas, aporias and obsure turns of narrative, using the mindnumbing example of the gospel of mark, which says believe it or not jesus promoted exclusion and alienation through parables.
And sometimes I read the new fagle translation of the aenied, and wish I was chris so I could read it in the original latin.

Amber said...

I have always felt excluded by the parables, freakin jesus.

Anonymous said...

Yes, more awesome, and way more complex. He was born in Hawaii and spent a part of his childhood running around the streets of Indonesia. Right now where I'm at he's doing community organizing in poor neighborhoods of Chicago, really interesting. He writes in the preface for the 2004 edition that when he reread it he still felt it rang true for who he is today, even though he said he now has more of an appreciation for brevity and would have cut out about 50 pages. (Which I agree would have been a good idea). Overall though, the man rocks.