Monday, June 18, 2007

Two become One...


Many of you were witnesses, some 15 months ago, to mine and Czf's marriage...thought by all to be the moment in which we joined ourselves together...through thick and thin...till death do us part.

I am here to tell you, this past weekend, we officially embarked on our greatest union yet. The bringing together of our libraries! Czf has been pushing this merge for sometime, but clearly his fear of commitment is nowhere near mine. Albeit, through some series of events, which I now recall with only the smallest amount of clarity, I agreed to the merger. Friday night we sought out our V5 ballpoint pens and initialed all of our books in preparation for the great amalgamation. And then, we did it. Thinking it a good idea for me to start the process so that I couldn't blame anyone later for going against my will, I personally took the first step and inter-mixed all four of our copies of Jane Austen’s “Pride & Prejudice.” It was a little daunting but not horrible. Though I admit I left at that point for a bit of “fresh air” and Czf finished the rest of the mingleation. So, it is done. Our two libraries have become one and Czf and I are now officially together no matter what. And you know, it looks pretty good too.

On that note, I will buy anyone a beer who can guess which author we have the most work by.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the big merge! Truly a big step. We merged at the beginning, but I must confess that, even after 3 years, I still think of them as "mine" and "yours" though they sit side by side. Nate guesses that you have the most volumes of Shakespeare, I am going to say....Swift in honor of DR making us read Gulliver's Travels in every class.
Cheers-
Marie

czf said...

i don't think she was including shakespeare. but that would be correct. drama and poetry are excluded.
we have many gulliver's. but that is incorrect.

mr. o said...

v.s. naipaul

Anonymous said...

that is big al not james. he must have used my computer

k(i)d said...

I guess Thomas Merton.

I admit, I cheated and used librarything. Merton's name is tied with Shakespeare's in your author cloud.

The moral is: I'm willing to cheat for free beer, even if that beer is 6 hours away.

czf said...

you sucker.
next time i see you, K(i)D, you will be rewarded a beer for ingenuity.
but not for fair play.

Amber said...

Damn librarything! Although that wansn't the answer I was looking for, I shall take the blame for not being more clear. Props to James for the answer I was looking for. Although I don't know a James...

big al said...

it wasn't james, it was i and i don't have librarything! i just know you sooo (two extra Os for emphasis) well.jimmy must have used my computer to speak of things unknown to me.
look forward to that beer!
alex

Anonymous said...

so was it merton? I'm confused. what's the "answer you're looking for"? dickens? how much dickens DO you have? jcaf and I have 4 copies of the cloud of unknowing. i'm not sure why. who do you have the most doubles of? we have doubles of dostoevsky galore...and Bibles. Lots of bibles.

Amber said...

The correct answer was V.S. Naipaul. And we have over 80 doubles, as far as "the most doubles of," I'm going to say "Gullivers Travels." I think we have 5 or 6 copies of that book.