Tuesday, June 12, 2007

As of yesterday I am officially a student. Which means a few things for you...

1. Unless some sort of miracle intervenes there will be little to no extra-circular reading taking place for me.
2. The reading that will be taking place will be very specific to libraries, of which I doubt most of you are all that interested in.

3. The combo of 1 & 2 means if I post about anything it will most likely be about libraries.

4. If you don't want this to happen you can choose one of two roads...
--more travelled...stop visiting luminous.

--less travelled but better...send me a little written response to the books you are reading. The "responses" don't have to be up to par with the writing of those you are reading, just a little sometin'-sometin' for your friends to read about and tell you, you are wrong for thinking that way...it's real fun, I promise.


On that note, I've kicked off my school reading with the most recent Library Trends Journal subtitled, "Libraries in Times of War, Revolution, and Social Change." Awesome.
Lastly, I finished "The Name of The Rose." Also awesome.

3 comments:

k(i)d said...

Has no one read DeLillo's new book yet?

Also, congrats on schooling AZF. I like libraries.

czf said...

i have not read the new delillo. but i've heard from "them" that it is mediocre. i hope its not true.

Scarlet Zapata said...

I started reading the Last Samurai recently. I'm also reading William Easterly's White Man's Burden. And I'm also reading a lot of Maxim... no joke too...