Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Because People like Potter


A first edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone sold for 18,000 bucks. That's a lot of money for a book that's, what, 10 years old? If I had a copy, I would sell it. The initial run of Philosopher's Stone produced between 500 and 1000 copies.
I'm getting excited about the new film, and have even been throwing around the idea of reading the books this summer if someone wants to donate the series to me.

Meanwhile, I wonder what I could get for my first edition copy of Seven Story Mountain, by Thomas Merton. Probably 50 dollars. If only millions and millions and millions of adults and children worldwide would go crazy of over a Catholic monk's autobiography written 60 years ago...then I could pay off some credit cards

No comments: