Monday, August 06, 2007

Unless. Already. Not Yet.

Back in January, azf read Unless, by Carol Shields. She loved it, started talking about it frequently, recommended it to everyone she talked to, and went online and bought several copies cheap to distribute to people in order to make them read it.
So I read it. Now I'm coming on to Luminous to encourage people to read it. If you didn't take azf's word, you probably won't take czf's word. But I'll add my name to the chorus, and recommend Unless, because it's absolutely brilliant. My Goodness.

5 comments:

Amber said...

preach it brother!!

also, i have two more copies of the Unless if you think you might want to read it but need it to be physically placed in your hand to actually do so.

Amber said...

By the by, I didn't intentionally mean to say "the Unless," but since I did, why don't we just go with "The Unless."

It's that good.

czf said...

"the Unless" sounds like a horror movie.

Anonymous said...

I love this book too - it's one of my faves.

Amber said...

You get mad props Charissa, you are the reason I read Unless.