Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Man Booker What?



In case you didn't remember the significance of today I am here to remind you. Today the the Man Booker 2006 winner gets announced. The official press release was at 10 am in London on BBC1. Which was many a hour since its nearly 12 in Chicago. Yet somehow I can't figure out who won. It's not on the Booker website, nor on BBC1. Let me know if you hear anything.

In eager anticipation,
azf

UPDATE: Kiran Desai is announced winner of the Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2006.

3 comments:

Amber said...

So I'm thinking maybe they are going to announce it on the evening news @ 10. Which would make more sense. And that gives us 12 minutes.

I have no idea why I am so curious about this. Sorry to force you into what is obviously a result of my boredom.

Amber said...

And I'm going to stick with Nightwatch, by Sarah Waters. But best of luck to all the contestants!!

the chocolate milk girl said...

I gave up on "Theft." by Peter Carey (it was on the long list). I probably would have finished it were I not in school, but when I got busy I totally lost interest since the main character was, to me, totally unlikeable.

Have you read "A Corner of the Universe" by Ann M. Martin? It's YA, of course and it's a quick read. If you're wondering that IS the woman who wrote the Babysitter's Club (but don't hold that against her because this book rather blew me away). I would be interested in other's opinions of this book if anyone has read it.