Monday, September 11, 2006

What? Already.


What you have heard is true, although being the smarties that you are I'm sure you never doubted it, especially if you read pandas. Cormac McCarthy has a novel coming out at the end of the month, The Road, September 26th to be exact, so now is the time to pre-order it, that is, if any of you happen to be on the edge of your seat about it....

So my reason for commenting is that it seems odd to me that he has two books coming on in just over a year. Hadn't it been years since he had last published a book? What changed?
Two in a year, jeez. Who is this man, its not like he's putting out albums?

On that note, I'm off to read the last chapter of Blindness (which I will report on in the coming days) and then finally all this time later, at the probing of
whb, I will start All the Pretty Horses. The question is, will I team up with him and drive you all nuts? Or, maybe just be at a complete loss...we shall see.


Anyone else read it?

3 comments:

czf said...

i can't wait to read the border trilogy. some day. you reading all the pretty horses is going to be as close as i get for a while. but thats cool. i'll just read milton and restoration dramas. what are you gonna do.

whb said...

Yes, Milton is a worthwhile adventure.

...
I feel like I only talk about one thing. I had better write the best damned essay on literature and the apocalypse after talking and talking about it.
Man, you should read Cormac, he's totally apocalyptic! I love DeLillo, he's soooo apocalyptic!
I get it... I bore my friends.

Amber said...

whb, the whole point of this blog is seemingly to bore my friends. don't try and one up your self...