Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Wish I was reading...

I am reading more than ever now that I am back in school, but it is by no means the sort of stuff I am usually reading: fiction. So today I post about a book I really want to read, but do not actually have time to read. Which is The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I have been hearing about TTW for a few years now, and everyone who has actually read it either loves it or hates it. Every time someone recommended it another person suggested I stay away. Thus I just could not decide what to do.

Then I started library school and everyone was talking about how wonderful it was (second only to Harry Potter). THEN I found out she is really active in the world of book arts and it all came together. What originally attracted me to the book it self was the pages. They are perfect. The weight it just right, the pages have the perfect amount of gloss to them and they move so freely. All books should be published (physically) as this one. Oh, and don't even get me started on the binding, it's near orgasmic. Last thing, it all takes place in my beautiful city of Chicago, and one block over from my apartment last year. So seriously, what is there not to love?

So, I've picked up a copy. And it sits on my shelf daunting me. I suppose it will be the first book I pick up over Christmas break in December, but damn that seems far away.

And let me not forget to mention, for those of you who are like me and may never have the opportunity to read it, it will be a movie next year...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this is a great book. I thought about you and CZF repeatedly as I read this book last year.

Amber said...

wait, wait, wait. i thought you didn't like it!